The transaction was conducted by Allianz Real Estate, the EUR 60 billion real estate investment and asset manager of the Allianz Group, on behalf of several Allianz companies. Allianz will own 41.5% of the equity and the remaining 58.5% stake will be held by AAMTF III and one of its co-investors. Allianz is also an investor in AAMTF III.
Bay Valley C6 is a 13-storey Grade A office property located in the Bay Valley Business Park, one of the largest business parks in the Yangpu District. As one of the key business districts in Shanghai, Yangpu District has transformed into the city’s new technology and startup hub, and is home to top-tier universities such as the newFudan University campus. Completed in June 2014, Bay Valley C6 offers a total aboveground gross floor area of 19,768 sqm and has seen positive leasing demand, especially from the technology, media and telecommunications, and pharmaceutical sectors.
“This transaction is aligned with our approach of investing in China’s new economy, which has successfully transformed from a manufacturing-driven economy to a more balanced service-based economy. We are also excited about the long-term prospects of Shanghai as a 24x7 gateway city,” said Rushabh Desai, CEO Asia-Pacific at Allianz Real Estate. “This is our second investment with AAMTF III in China. Our partnership with Keppel is growing from strength to strength.”
Eric Goh, CEO (China), Keppel Capital, said, “The acquisition of the strategically located Bay Valley C6, which is seeing growing demand from companies in the biomedical and technology, media and telecommunications sectors, is an excellent addition to AAMTF III, given the positive outlook of Shanghai’s technology industry. Our experienced team is well-positioned to create value and drive returns for the asset through innovative asset management and proactive leasing strategies. The partnership with existing investors of AAMTF III such as Allianz is also testament to the confidence that they have in Keppel Capital in delivering good returns.”
When introducing a property investment opportunity to PIMCO Prime Real Estate you acknowledge that we are under no obligation to accept your introduction or enter into any agreement with you. Fees, commission or other payments in respect of introductions shall only be payable where there is a signed written agreement to that effect entered into between PIMCO Prime Real Estate and the introducer. By submitting an introduction to PIMCO Prime Real Estate you shall be deemed to have accepted the aforementioned terms.
"PIMCO Prime Real Estate” is a PIMCO company that includes PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH, PIMCO Prime Real Estate LLC, and their subsidiaries and affiliates: PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH (Company No. 158768, Seidlstrasse 24–24a, 80335 Munich, Germany), PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH Belgium Branch (VAT No. BE 0841.512.711, Boulevard Roi Albert II, 32, 1000 Brussels, Belgium), PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH France Branch (SIRET No. 509 339 669 00053, 50-52 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris, France), PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH Italy Branch (Numero REA MI-2107576, Piazza Tre Torri, 3 20145 Milano, Italy), PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH Spain Branch (NIF W2760686B, Paseo de La Castellana, 200 Edificio Spaces, 28046 Madrid, Spain), PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH Sweden Branch (VAT No. SE516411865401, Norrlandsgatan 18, 111 43 Stockholm, Sweden), PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH UK Branch (Company No. FC036236, 11 Baker Street, London W1U 3AH, United Kingdom), PIMCO Prime Real Estate Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (UEN 202000233H, 12 Marina View #17-02 Asia Square Tower 2, Singapore 018961), PIMCO Prime Real Estate (Shanghai) Co, Ltd (Company No. 91310115MA1K4KBT0L, 479 Lujiazui Ring Road, Shanghai Tower, Pudong New District , Shanghai 200120, People’s Republic of China), PIMCO Prime Real Estate Japan GK (Company No. 0104-03-022895, 1-6-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan), PIMCO Prime Real Estate LLC (File No. 5234055, 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019-6999, USA). PIMCO Prime Real Estate LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pacific Investment Management Company LLC, and PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH and its affiliates are wholly-owned by PIMCO Europe GmbH. PIMCO Prime Real Estate GmbH operates separately from PIMCO. PIMCO Prime Real Estate LLC investment professionals provide investment management and other services as dual personnel through Pacific Investment Management Company LLC.
PIMCO Prime Real Estate is a trademark of PIMCO LLC and PIMCO is a trademark of Allianz Asset Management of America LLC in the United States and throughout the world.